Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rhubarb Strawberry Pie




This is one of my absolute favorite pies!  I had it at my aunts and it's delicious.  It's sweet with a subtle tang from the fruit and the texture is wonderful!  I hope you agree.








Ingredients;


1 single pie crust

3 ½ cup rhubarb plus one cup strawberries (sliced)

1 cup Sugar

2 eggs, beaten

3 ½ tbsp. flour


For Top of Pie

1 cup flour

½ cup sugar

3/8 cup butter



Mix together rhubarb and strawberries, sugar, eggs and 3 ½ tbsp. flour. and put into single unbaked pie shell.

For the top combine 1 cup flour, ½ cup sugar and 3/8 cup butter blended spread evenly on rhubarb mixture.

Then bake at 350 for one hour or until rhubarb is tender. If you like you may sprinkle a tbsp. brown sugar on it before baking, it adds a little color. Sometimes I add a little cinnamon too the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment